Talent Show coming to Needham High School - 4/10!
To print a ticket order form please click here.
To print a congratulations ad order form please click here.
Your child's memories at Hillside Elementary School can last a lifetime when you order a yearbook. Yearbooks will be available for purchase through the school or online.
- Purchase at school: $20 each - Sales open until April 14th. Please make checks payable to Hillside PTC and write "Yearbook" in the "memo" line'.
- Purchase online: $21 each - Sales open until April 7th. To order online, just click here, enter order code 75538 and follow the steps.
Click here for details.
Yearbook Team Needs Your Pics!
Do you have photos from this crazy winter at Hillside, Candy Bar Bingo Night?
We could sure use them for the yearbook! Photos should be sent to Lucia and Christine.
FUNDRAISERS & EVENTS
- Mother's Day Gift Ideas - Meadow Farms Bulbs & Chocolates: Looking for fresh new ideas for Mother's Day? Consider bulbs and chocolates to help Mom welcome back spring. Orders are due April 10th with delivery in time for Mother's Day! You can also check out the brochures online. Orders will go home with your children allowing them to present their Mother's Day gift! To see the flowers click here; to see the chocolates click here.
- Spin and Sip Fundraiser: Join us (adults only!) on Thursday, April 16th at 7:30 pm at Cycle Bar in Wellesley for a beginner/moderate-level spin class. Then, stick around a bit for some refreshments after! Not only will this be a fun way for parents to socialize, but it's a great way to test out spinning for those that have been contemplating taking a class, but were too nervous to go! No judgment, just fun! The cost will be $20/person – that will cover the class and your post-class beverage. To register please click here. We need at least 20 people to sign up to have this event run, but are limited to 48! If you have any questions, please contact Seema.
2015 Spring Calendar Raffle - NEED HELP SOLICITING ITEMS!!!
The 2015 Spring Calendar Raffle takes place this year in June alongside our Carnival.
The Purpose: To help raise much needed funds to support the PTC-sponsored enrichment programs and to raffle off some fun items to our wonderful Hillside kids and families!
Raffle Items Needed: We are actively looking for raffle items and welcome your help. The types of items we are collecting are ones that parents, children and/or entire families may enjoy.
Some examples of prize donations to consider:
- Ask your favorite restaurant or local shop if they would be willing to donate a gift certificate to the raffle.
- Purchase a gift card to donate on your family’s behalf from your favorite toy store, ice cream shop or to a movie theater.
- Ask someone who owns season sports tickets if they would be willing to give up one night to help out.
- Offer services from your own local business.
- Contribute a fun prize idea students might like (it doesn’t have to cost money!)
- Maybe you know a police officer who would be willing to give a student a ride in the cruiser? Or could give a tour of the police/ fire station?
The Hillside PTC is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All items/wares/services along with the contributors will be listed on our website and printed on materials that lead up to our Spring Raffle and Carnival. If you are able to help out, we have provided you a “request letter” that you can find at the end of the newsletter. Please print it out and hand to a business owner with details of our Spring Raffle and directions if they would like to participate.
Any questions? Please contact Amy Lam and/or Robin Gamrath-Schauman.
Committee Chair/ Volunteer Openings
- NEW WELCOME COMMITTEE!!! Have you ever said, “I wish I knew about that when I first came to Hillside!”? If so, are you willing to share your Hillside experiences with a new Hillside family? Come join the new Hillside Welcome Committee. Our purpose is to reach out to the roughly 50-60 new families joining Hillside each year to ensure that they are made to feel welcome. Our first step is to get some volunteers who want to be a “buddy” to a new family. This need not be a huge time commitment and you can do as much as will fit into your schedule. We need your ideas on initial outreach, parent and family event planning and thoughts on how we get new families connected to our school. If you are interested, please contact Allison Coburn (617.504.0456).
- Attention Kindergarten Parents!! We are looking for a First Grade Lunch Volunteer Coordinator. Would you like a chance to see your first grader interacting with his/ her friends at school? Would you like an easy way to get involved? The first grade lunch coordinator helps to set up and maintain the volunteer sign-up sheet for the first grade lunch helpers. Our current coordinator has many automated systems set-up and so your job will be breeze! Interested? Contact Jessica Young for more info.
- UDA (Understanding Different Abilities): Come be a part of the team! We are looking for several volunteers to allow this special program to continue for years to come!!! Hillside students enjoy and remember UDA from year to year. The program provides the children with a positive experience that educates them about people who have disabilities. If you would like to volunteer or get more information about the program please contact Christine Shusterman or Michelle Hoffmeister.
- Hillside-Elliot Basketball game co-chairs: Show your school spirit and help to organize this beloved tradition! We have a great committee, we just need someone to help organize them! For more information about this great event or to volunteer, please contact Seema Meloni.
Next PTC Meeting: Wednesday April 29th, 8:45am